Here we go.

03 September 2008

36 straight hours of rain, by my count! The cat blames me, natch, for her inability to go outside to make. She opted to stay in all of yesterday, so when she really had to go, she was pretty much screaming to be let out. She bolted out into the rain & into the darkness, presumably to take care of business. Poor kid.

Tonite, we get ready for our trip to Perdido Key, Florida. Lots to do! Including finding a real special present for ATM's mama, whose birthday was yesterday. And we totally forgot it. YIKES. Suggestions & remedies are very welcome. I'm still waiting for my copy of Lorrie Moore's Birds of America, suggested by the lovely Sufferin Succotash, to arrive in the mail. It's the thing to do, isn't it, to have a book @ the beach? Anyway. I can't wait to be past the 10 hour drive and my metamorphosing into a beach bum.

Last nite, from the porch:



Had dinner w/ Rett, Keiko & Heather @ Loca Luna last nite. It was good, but rushed. I had the usual tortilla soup, which is so so so so good.

I think we're gonna try to watch Gov. Palin's acceptance speech tonight. Well, maybe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe indeed. Let's hope 38 million don't tune in.

Alannah said...

have a great time! I hope you like the book...

Chicklet, my cat, has gone completely insane with all this rain. It's like cabin fever magnified by a thousand.

Blog Archive